Brigada Eskwela goes all-in for sustainability
We believe that good education will allow communities to thrive. In support of DepEd’s Brigada Eskwela, we aim to provide the youth with the means to focus on their education. Partner schools were chosen based on the location of our plants. They communicated to the Bukluran Council the needed projects, and we provided, on condition that the projects are aligned with the sustainability pillars – inclusive business, circular economy, and water stewardship.
On our first nationwide Brigada Eskwela, PCPPI gathered 495 volunteers who dedicated 2,707 volunteer hours to implement activities and programs for the benefit of 27 schools nationwide.
The following activities were conducted consistently during the nationwide Brigada Eskwela and contributed to PCPPI’s sustainability pillars:
- Donated 17,200 school notebooks and 275 sets of school supplies.
- Built a greenhouse made from recycled PET bottles.
- Conducted 3 solid waste management seminars for parents and teachers, with at least 30 participants per seminar.
- Donated 50 modified water sprinklers and 54 trash bins.
- Donated 5 high-grade drinking water fountains, benefiting 5,356 students.
- Built 3 handwashing facilities with demonstration on proper handwashing benefiting 1,006 students.
Other activities and programs under Inclusive Business:
Diversity and Inclusion
- Engaged PWDs through Bigay Buhay Multipurpose Cooperative (BBMC) for environment-friendly marketing promotions materials and collaterals.
- Continued our Entrepreneurship Distribution System, covering 380,000 outlets and creating 7,227 jobs for our partner MSMEs.
- Sponsored University of the Philippines Advertising Core’s (UP AdCore) Teen Speak program.
- Donated Premier water, tap water, blankets, and carboys to quake-affected areas in Mindanao.
- Donated bottled beverages to first responders in Porac, Pampanga.
Served as resource speaker in Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation (PDRF) forums on resilience.